* 1 7- to 9-oz. box instant couscous
* 1/2 cup raisins or currants
* 2 Tbs. olive oil
* 1 tsp. minced garlic
* 1/4 tsp. cayenne
* 1 tsp. paprika
* 1 large handful of spinach, chopped
* 1 1/3 cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
* 1 cup green peas
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
* 1/2 cup chopped, pitted dates
* 1 cup cashews
* 1/2 cup minced parsley
Using a large saucepan, cook grains with raisins according to package directions and with no added fat.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet over medium heat and when hot, add garlic and sauté until golden. Add cayenne, paprika and spinach and sauté 2 minutes. Stir in chickpeas and green peas, and season to taste.
Stir vegetable mixture into cooked couscous. Spoon into large serving dish, making well in center. Fill well with dates and cashews, and garnish dish with parsley and mint leaves. Serve hot or at room temperature.
This was yummy, but it'd have to be awhile before I redo it.