These are yummy and small children didn't throw them away when I wasn't looking!
* 1 cup organic mixed dried fruit, such as raisins, cranberries, chopped apricots, chopped figs, etc.
* 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup turbinado sugar, plus more for sprinkling
* 2 Tbs. orange zest
* 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
* 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp. baking soda
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 2 large eggs
* 3/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Place dried fruit in heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water, and let stand 5 minutes to plump fruit. Drain, and set aside.
2. Coat 12-muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Combine flours, sugar, orange zest, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
3. Whisk together eggs and yogurt in separate bowl. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture. Fold in fruit.
4. Fill muffin tins with batter. Sprinkle tops with sugar. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until tops spring back when touched and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Unmold, and cool completely on wire rack.