* 1 Tbs. olive oil or butter
* 1 butternut squash (11/2 lb.), halved and seeded
* 1 medium onion, diced (1 cup)
* 1–2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, drained and diced, plus 1 Tbs. sauce
* 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp. )
* 3 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese
* 1 tsp. ground cumin
* 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
* 3 green onions, chopped (1/3 cup)
* 1 16-oz. can enchilada sauce
* 8 whole-wheat or corn tortillas
* 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place squash cut-side down on baking sheet. Roast 45 minutes, or until soft. Cool until easy to handle. Scoop squash into bowl, and mash.
2. Heat oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until soft. Add chipotle, adobo sauce, and garlic. Cook 1 minute, stirring often.
3. Stir in mashed squash, cream cheese, cumin, and nutmeg. Cook 3 minutes more, or until heated through. Remove from heat, and fold in green onions.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread 1 cup enchilada sauce over bottom of 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Lay tortillas on baking sheet, and warm 3 minutes in oven to soften. Divide filling among tortillas, and roll loosely. Place filled, rolled tortillas in baking dish. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and Cheddar cheese. Bake 30 minutes, or until top begins to brown and sauce is bubbly.
A definite keeper!