I continue my quest for the perfect cinnie roll... here is a good one.
* 3/4 cup low-fat milk
* 2 tsp. yeast
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
* 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1 Tbs. baking powder
* 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
* 1/4 cup brown sugar
* 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
* 3 Tbs. lemon juice
1. To make Cinnamon Rolls: Preheat oven to 425F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray. Heat milk in saucepan over medium heat until warm to the touch. Remove from heat, and sprinkle with yeast. Set aside.
2. Combine flours, sugar, baking powder, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and salt in bowl. Rub butter into flour mixture with fingers until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in milk until soft dough forms. Transfer to well-floured surface and dust with flour. Press into 12x6-inch rectangle.
3. Combine brown sugar and remaining cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle over dough, and press in lightly with palms of hands. Gently roll dough lengthwise into log. Cut log into 16 3/4-inch-thick slices. Place slices on prepared baking sheet, reshaping into rounds if necessary. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until rolls begin to brown.
4. To make Glaze: Whisk together confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice. Glaze will be very thick. Brush glaze on cinnamon rolls right when they come out of the oven. Serve warm.
Thanks Vegetarian TImes! These don't taste quite as good as the Cinnabon fat bombs, but, they were good enough to make again.