Okay, so I am generally NOT a huge bagel fan, but, we had some Asiago cheese bagels and I didn't feel like shopping for something else for lunch, so, voila!
* 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
* 1 cup chopped fresh portobello mushrooms or whatever else is in the house
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
* Pinch salt
* 1 bagel, halved
* 2 slices Swiss cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Cover baking sheet with foil, and set aside.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat, and saute mushrooms and onion for 5 minutes, or until golden. Stir in thyme and salt. Spoon mixture onto bagel halves, and top each with a slice of cheese.
3. Bake on cookie sheet for 4 to 5 minutes, or until cheese melts.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, need I say it again? Cheeeeeeeeeeeese! I do love me some cheese. Probably should've been born in Wisconsin.