* Nonstick vegetable oil spray or use a Silpat thingie
* 2 cups unsalted raw cashews (about 10 ounces)
* 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or agave
* 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
* 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
* 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray sheet of foil with nonstick spray; set aside. Lightly spray rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Toss cashews and all remaining ingredients in medium bowl. Spread cashew mixture evenly in single layer on prepared sheet.
Bake nuts until golden brown and coated with maple syrup mixture, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Immediately pour nut mixture out onto foil, spreading evenly. Cool 10 minutes, then separate and break apart any nut clusters. Cool completely. DO AHEAD: Can be made 3 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
Think of all the money I saved making these instead of those $5 bags of Sahale snacks.