1.05.2010

Recipe Numero Uno - Carrot Quesadillas

1 Carrot grated
1 Potato grated
1 onion grated
mild chiles cut up to taste - i like lots of 'em. 
some olive oil for cooking
1 clove of garlic, minced
cilantro if you so desire

a cup or so of Colby Jack or other favorite Mexi cheese
8 tortillas

Easy peasy lemon squeezy to make:

Huck the garlic into the pan with a little oil until it starts to smell good. Add the veggies. Saute until they start to get squishy.  Add the cheese and mix well. Remove from heat as soon as the cheese is melty. In another pan on relatively low heat, with a little oil, put in a tortilla, heat well on both sides. Add some of the veggieliciousness to one side of the tortilla and fold the empty side over the full one. Let it hang out in the pan for a minute and flip, then remove and move on to the next one.

I was surprised that these were as filling as they were.

Would I make them again? Sure, but they were not completely unbelievable.

1 comment:

  1. Megan and I just made these for lunch. I had some leftover matchstick carrots so I thought..."why not?" I did NOT have a potato so I substitued some black bean and corn salsa! I made the quesadillas in the panini maker my Mum gave me for my last B-day. Meg rates them one and half thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete