Because basil sometimes gets tired. I love to make this and smother pasta in it.
* 1 cup peas
* 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice
* 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
* ground black pepper to taste
* 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil; add the peas and cook until softened. Drain.
2. Blend the peas, Parmesan cheese, garlic, lemon juice, basil, and pepper in a blender; while it blends, stream the olive oil into the mixture.
3. SMother pasta as indicated earlier.